Got a million questions? We’re happy to say that after reading this page, you’ll only have 999,991.
- When does the recruitment process begin?
- When do new teachers start school?
- Does SAS recruit teachers without certification?
- Does SAS recruit families?
- What do teachers themselves say about working here?
- What is the salary range and benefits package available at SAS?
- What is it like to live in Shanghai?
- What is the difference between Puxi and Pudong campuses?
- Do new hires receive an orientation to the School?
- How do I apply to SAS?
After two years at SAS, meet Tracie and Linsey Dotson, Counselors:
“We came to SAS because the school has an amazing reputation in the world. We will stay at SAS, first and foremost, because our children are thriving in this school and this community. This is related to the ways that we as a staff have incredible professional freedom: if there’s a new idea and it is the best thing for students, we absolutely have the support to make it happen. Coming here was the best decision we’ve ever made, and it continues to exceed our expectations.”
After twenty-three years at SAS, meet Karolina Pek, Teacher:
“When I arrived at Shanghai American School, I created a program from scratch. And after all these years, teaching is still never dull at SAS. Every year I learn new things and try something new. There is always support for things to keep growing, from the administration, parents, colleagues, and the amazing students. This is a great school. If you take a position here, you’ll never look back.”
The salary paid depends on the teacher's degree, certification, and years of experience, ranging from ¥298,823 to ¥584,448. All salaries are paid in Chinese Renminbi. For benefits, check out the Compensation and Benefits page.
Please submit your personal statement or cover letter, employment history and at least two professional references to Careers@saschina.org. If you have any questions, please email them to the same address.