GIVING AT SAS
We Build Futures Shanghai American School (SAS) has carried the vision of its original founders for more than 100 years. From its beginning in 1912, the school has been committed to providing an exemplary education to students from all over the world. From the first SAS campus on Szechuen Road, to the subsequent iterations on Avenue Petain, the US Consulate, the Number 3 Girls' School, the storefronts in Zhudi Town, to today's modern Puxi and Pudong campuses – our commitment to academic excellence and student learning remains unchanged.
Over the years, a legion of Shanghai Expats, and many locals as well, have carried on this vision and displayed the fortitude necessary to oversee the tremendous growth and program excellence at the school.
Our SAS graduates have gone on to become students and alumni of the finest institutions in the world. They are CEO's, entrepreneurs, astronomers, scientists, inventors, designers, musicians, artists, and ministers . . . leaving their mark on the world. Why? Because this is what we do at SAS, we build futures – future leaders, future doctors, future scientists, future inventors. . .
Help us continue to build these futures, by investing in the educational experience we provide at Shanghai American School. With a community committed to providing outstanding opportunities for our students we can continue the vision of excellence we started more than 100 years ago. JOIN US as we build futures together.
Click here to make a secure online gift
Edge for Excellence
Fund a Project
The Edge for Excellence (E4E) campaign was created in 2009 with the goal of initiating a campaign to enhance the technological learning environment at SAS. Over the last five years the annual campaign has gone on to make a lasting impact on the school. From bringing the newest technology into our classrooms, to enhancing our libraries, enriching our academic programs, and expanding our outdoor learning spaces – students have benefitted significantly from these development efforts. This year, the Edge for Excellence campaign will focus its efforts on the idea of "funding a project." By providing new and innovative projects not otherwise funded by the operating budget, we will be able to provide our students with even moreoutstanding learning experiences. Join us in funding one of these projects:
- Elementary Schools: outdoor learning space
- Middle and High Schools: Teleconferencing LMC/LLH
- E4E General Fund: supporting new and innovative projects not yet designated
How to Give
It's easy to give to Edge for Excellence — just choose the method that’s most convenient. All donors will receive a formal gift acknowledgement letter from the school (valid for U.S. income-tax purposes if applicable).
1. Click here to make a secure online giftusing a Visa, MasterCard or Discover card, issued in any country. Gifts online are processed through "Friends of Shanghai American School Foundation,” a not-for-profit organization incorporated under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Gifts to the Foundation are deductible for U.S. income-tax purposes.
2. Drop off the special RED ENVELOPE with an RMB cash or check gift and a completed pledge form to the special locked boxes at each division office on either campus. Either you or your child may drop it off. Download a donation card here. Click here for a Chinese donation card or here for a Korean donation card.
3. Bring your Visa, MasterCard or UnionPay credit card with a completed pledge form to the cashier’s office on either campus. You will get a receipt for your gift. Download a donation card here. Click here for a Chinese donation card or here for a Korean donation card.
4. U.S. citizens may choose to write a bank check or arrange a wire transfer:
- U.S. checks, payable to the "Friends of Shanghai American School Foundation,” may be sent to SAS, c/o Development Office, 258 Jinfeng Lu, Huacao Town, Minhang District, Shanghai 201107 PRC; or directly to the Foundation at 15 Roszel Road, P.O. Box 5910, Princeton, NJ 08540 USA.
- U.S. bank wire transfers may be made directly from your bank to the SAS Foundation account. Please click here to contact us for instructions.
Thank you for supporting Shanghai American School!
SAS students in one of the new garden spaces paid for by Annual Fund dollars.