Middle and Elementary
Middle school students participate in the China International Schools Sports Association (CISSA). All sports are open to both boys and girls who compete separately except in floor hockey and softball.
CISSA’s sports emphasis is not on winning but participation, skill acquisition, and learning the fundamentals of the game. The student -athletes work on sportsmanship and teamwork as they get to know each other and make connections with their teammates.The program is structured in five seasons throughout the year with two contact days per week – one practice and one game a week – for 5 to 7 weeks per season.
2017-2018 CISSA Sports Seasons
- Touch Rugby (August 28 - September 23)
- Cross-Country (September 12 - October 14 )
- Soccer (September 25 - November 18)
- Table Tennis (November 14 - December 2)
- Floor Hockey (November 27 - January 13)
- Ultimate Frisbee (November 14 - December 9)
- Badminton (February 5 - March 10)
- Volleyball (January 29 - March17)
- Track and Field (March 26 - April 21 or May 5)
- Basketball (March 26 - May 19)
- Tennis (April 10 - June 2 or 9)
- Co-ed Softball (April 23 - May 26)