This acronym describes the learning students might achieve through their cumulative experiences of coursework, activities and people at SAS. EAGLES represents the SAS mission, vision and core values translated into students’ lives.
SAS students will be:
- be life-long learners
- take risks, to imagine, and to innovate
- be engaged with the world around them
- demonstrate leadership through collaboration and teamwork
- maintain a healthy, balanced life-style
- be confident through knowledge and development of personal esteem, skills, and strengths.
- resilient, flexible, self-motivated learners
- problem solvers, negotiators and collaborators
Global-minded Citizens Who
- Act with the future in mind.
- Embrace diversity and engage responsibly in the world’s problems with compassion, empathy, and tolerance.
- Respect and support family and community.
- Protect and advocate for local and global environments.
Literate Individuals Who
- Are multi-lingual and articulate communicators in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and through artistic expression.
- Can analyze information to create new knowledge and understandings through a constructivist approach to learning.
- Are literate in information and communication technologies.
Ethical Human Beings Who
- Apply ethical principles in words and actions.
- Demonstrate citizenship and generosity through authentic community service activities
- Demonstrate integrity and honesty to themselves and others in all interactions
- View life as a contribution to the advancement of humanity.
Skilled Inquirers Who
- Apply content knowledge and skills in authentic situations
- Strive for academic excellence.
- Can express themselves though sound, movement and image.
- Apply skills and knowledge to broader systems.
- Reason soundly and critically.
for more information about EAGLES
for more information about IBO Learner Profile
for more information about Search Developmental Assets